Tuesday, October 11, 2011

to the pigs!

Last night the kids and I visited a farm all decked out and ready for patrons to spend money on "Fall" activities: giant slide, hay climbing, cotton candy, corn maze, trick-or-treat hay ride... you get the picture. Well, as soon as we got inside the farm the piglet races started so we headed on over. Just as we arrived at the pin the announcer calls for 4-year-olds to come in the pin and participate in a piglet chase. "Oh! I have a 4-year-old." I forgot that she is a shy, sometimes timid 4-year-old who doesn't enjoy being out of her comfort zone. So what does this mommy do? I shove her inside and then what do I hear? My child crying. Poor thing. I felt so bad. She quickly recovered while petting a pony and we talked about it later when I apologized again. Don't shove your child into a pig pin when she has no idea what is going on. Lesson learned - we hope. I'll let you know how next year turns out. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment