Tuesday, October 18, 2011

salisbury steak

I'm a cookin' bloggin' machine tonight!

I purchased ground beef last week - an event that has become increasingly rare since watching Food Inc. - so I have a 5lbs roll in the fridge and wanted something to do with it. Found a salisbury steak recipe that of course I didn't have all the ingredients for so I improvised and I think it was WONDERFUL!!!  Again, I don't really measure so I'll do my best here.

Approximately 1.5lbs of ground beef.
1 egg
1/2 c bread crumbs
pepper
onion powder
seasoning salt
1/4 c oil
Mix all together and then make into thin meat patties. Fry in pan until browned on both sides. Transfer to baking dish. Do this until all patties are browned and transferred.

Without cleaning out the frying pan, add:
packet of onion soup mix 
Worcestershire sauce (I just realized I've been saying this incorrectly my entire life) 
garlic powder
about a cup of beef broth
can of mushrooms
Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Pour over top the patties and pop in 350 oven until done. I served it with brown rice and cucumbers. Yummmmmmm
obviously, this as after I partook of the fruits of my labor

No comments:

Post a Comment