Saturday, October 15, 2011

pumpkins and apples and leaves OH MY!

I didn't actually plan or coordinate this event but I did manage a stroller, toddler, baby and diaper bag all by myself for part of the time and that takes some coordination.

A friend invited me to meet her and her family down at the Red Barn (http://rowleysredbarn.com/) this evening. I didn't have anything to do and love hanging out with them so we went. The evening involved a wait in line to the hay ride, the hay ride, a pumpkin patch and treats (for everyone permitted to consume dairy = not me). The night was cool and I forgot to grab my jacket so my kind friend lent me hers. The kids did great on the hay ride. I enjoyed watching the beautiful sunset on our trip out there. We really have some fantastic sunsets. A John Deere green tractor pulled the load of us through the apple orchard and out to this field (not really a "patch" which to me indicates a small size) of pumpkins. It was fun. We walked through the pumpkins. Joel sad on some tractors. They even had a really old truck that he sat in for a while and pretended to drive. It was funny, he wanted me with him but he was sure to grab the drivers seat. I did get a tad nervous when the doors wouldn't open from the inside! Thank goodness the windows were down! Um, and that eventually I realized that and just reached through to let us out...

I grew up in FL. A lovely place. But it certainly does not have a Fall season. Perhaps that is why we never did anything special for Fall. But out here in Utah God paints the mountains for us, every corn field turns into a maze, pumpkins are coming out our ears and haunted houses spring up all over the place! It's a fun time. I only dabbled in it last year and I don't think we did anything special the year before. So it's nice to have friends who know what's what and where to go. It's nice to make these kinds of traditions. It's nice to get out and enjoy the beauty of the earth and take pleasure in life. It's nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment