Friday, October 7, 2011

holes in my wall

There are a few extra holes in my walls this evening, most were intentional.

I have several tiny projects that were never completed from our major home renovation (the place was trashed when we bought it in 2008) and a few that have crept up on me over the past few years. Today I hung a key holder near the door and a coat hanger low enough that my two oldest can hang up their own dang coats this winter! Ugh! That was a chore last year!!! But I digress.

Since my 2-year-old has developed some balls, breaking out the drill while he is awake is much less traumatic. After all, it is difficult to drill a level hole whilst holding a crying toddler.Thankfully, all he really requires now is for me to reassure him when I am done. Oh, but I wanted to talk about holes in my wall.

So, I got the drill out and began to hang the coat hanger inside the front closet. Since our home is old and funky like that, the wall I drilled into was made of this concrete-like material and just disintegrated, spreading dust on the floor. More followed when my stubborn self pushed harder and the drill jumped to make a second hole on that wall. I'd like to say that at that point I moved on, but the reality is, I tried again. Fast forward and the coat hanger is up (safely attached to wood), the key hanger (placed in a masonry wall) is mostly level and I have re-vowed to NEVER purchase a brick home again.

1 comment:

  1. this is becca's husband. what she hasn't shared on this blog yet, as far as i have seen, is that becca did that majority of our home remodeling herself (with the occasional help of our hoodlum kids, her father, my father, and some friends) while i was busy trying to work through college.

    she's a pretty impressive woman––hence why i married her. love you acushla. aaron.

    ReplyDelete