Saturday, November 12, 2011

truce

Whole wheat bread and I have called a truce. I won't abuse it any longer and it will continue to give me its best, even if it isn't what I find the stores. I have a recipe I like, my family eats it, it does rise (those it sinks down a little later), it's not a difficult recipe... I mean, I shouldn't complain. No, it's not super pretty like the perfect store loaves but maybe it's just the best I can do at this point in time. So be it. I'm still happy with it. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I don't think homemade bread is supposed to look anything like store loaves. :D That's part of it's charm and rustic goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Anna! Keep up the baking and you'll see good results with time. I'd love to be baking right now but I stupidly threw away the paddle to my break maker and now I need to order the replacement part. In the meantime, I've got some frozen Rhodes loaves that I can bake.

    ReplyDelete