Friday, November 18, 2011

pizza pizza day 4


I couldn't have pizza every day. But I could certainly chow down once a week and not get tired of the stuff. So tonight was nice. :-) We made home-made pizza. I have an easy bread recipe that works fine for pizza crust so I whipped up a batch of
[Katie is reading this as I type and has needed help with only 3 words. I am proud of her reading skills. THEN I realized I might speak/write at an elementary level.]
crust and sectioned it out into one for each older child, a large one of the adults and the remaining I shaped in to three pieces and stuck in the freezer (yes, I broke a rule for the rest of the month).

Some tomato sauce with seasoning, cheese and toppings.... here comes the freezer. I (apparently) have a few rolls of MSG-free sausage. I thawed and cooked one of those. I also have slices of green pepper that I cut up frozen and tossed on top. A can of mushrooms, a can of olives and you have some pretty good pizza.

Apple sauce and cucumbers to go with it. The kids made their own, choosing their own toppings, smashing the cheese into the sauce and making a merry ol' mess! They loved it and ate well.

Okay, so I did add to my freezer tonight. I hadn't planned on it but, well, sorry, I did. I'll try to use up the dough before the end of the month. I almost made cal zones out of the dough but laziness got the best of me. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment